Sunday, June 17, 2012

Morning Glory


      I was sitting on my porch, Bible on my lap, drinking my morning coffee. Noisy birds argued in the trees. The world was anxious for the sun to rise. Soon the top of the tallest tree would become illuminated, and all the lovely birdies would fly up to warm their tiny bodies. I have seen them there before, on top of the world raising their voices to heaven. I found such refuge in enjoying God's creation.


      I used to think that I must get away to rest and think; that I need a vacation or a retreat to recharge. After all, every day living was so draining. Then, I found that God's blessings surrounded me everywhere and my life was already filled with quiet harbors. I simply had to lift my eyes up and notice them. The birds singing in the morning or the fireflies lighting the night, are some of my harbors. Sometimes working in the kitchen becomes a harbor when I stop and pray, and that is enough. The Lord takes it from there and carries me on. He is so faithful to sustain. 


     What are your quiet harbors? I guarantee they are sprinkled throughout your days. So be on a look out and don't miss out on God's blessings. Allow yourself to be still, if only for a moment. God's greatest gifts often come wrapped in tiniest packages.

1 comment:

  1. Some days I used to hit every red light in my car rushing to places. I'd look up to the heavens and say, "I know, God. You're trying to teach me patience again." And though this is a lesson I need to learn over and over, I've come to a new conclusion. I now take those moments, at red lights, waiting for my netbook to boot, or the pot to boil, to worship and "be with" my Creator. They are now my favorite moments of the day as I close my eyes and let the stresses fall away from my shoulders and allow Him to take them from me as He promised He would.

    ReplyDelete